Increasing clinical recognition of mucogingival defects recession may require periodontal plastic surgery (Mucogingival soft tissue surgery)
Free Gingival grafts (autogenous and allograft) are used to augment existing lack of keratinized Gingival or enhance a pre – implant or pre – prosthetic site.
Connective Tissue (Autogenous and Allograft) are used for root coverage or to enhance a thin biotype for prosthetic or esthetic improvements of soft tissue.
This course includes lecture, video, and hands-on (pig jaws) opportunities to understand these concepts and apply them to clinical practice
- The hands-on portion of the program will be performed on maxillary and mandibular pig jaws and include:
- How to perform incisions, flap elevation and flap positioning
- Free gingival grafts using harvested autogenous tissue
- Free gingival grafts using soft tissue allografts
- Connective tissue surgery using harvested autogenous tissue
- Connective tissue surgery using soft tissue allografts